Forensic Accounting Service in El Paso, TX
Financial fraud investigation, litigation support, dispute resolution
When it's time to settle a dispute over assets
Contact a Forensic Accountant
Marcus, Fairall, Bristol + Co., PLLC is an accounting firm in El Paso with a focus on forensic accounting. “Forensic accounting” is a specialized field that focuses on financial fraud investigations. Our Managing Partner David Given Marcus, CPA, CFF, is Certified in Financial Forensics by the AICPA and is among the first professional accountants in the country to train for and pass the licensing exams within the burgeoning field of Forensic Accounting. Today, it’s an exciting and fascinating branch of our accounting firm.
Marcus Fairall Bristol + Co., PLLC offers a full range of forensic accounting services in El Paso, including investigating and resolving financial fraud for large and small businesses, personal estates, and individuals, as well as non-profit organizations.
Our firm’s background in tax law, banking, and financial accounting is crucial to our forensic work – along with knowing how and where money can be hidden. He works with attorneys, businesses, individuals, and non-profit organizations. The forensic accountant can be jointly retained by both parties as opposed to just one side. In this way, both parties are more cooperative and better able to share critical information while also reducing the service fee responsibility accrued by each side.
Call (915) 775-1040 to learn more about our forensic accounting services in El Paso and Las Cruces.
Forensic Accounting Investigations Often Include:
With contested – or hidden – assets. Beneficiaries want to find answers, and they want a resolution. When dependents and other heirs have certain perceived or actual claims to a family estate.
The Forensic Accounting team conducts depositions and provides expert testimony in state and federal courts on behalf of the plaintiff or defendant- helping to unravel complicated financial disputes and explain the nature of financial crimes in court.
This includes insurance fraud, falsification of documents, money laundering, asset theft, and more.
Our team assists with business contract disputes, shareholder/partner disputes, shareholder/partner disputes, and employee termination disputes.
Based on income, market and assets/liabilities.
Former and current contracts include numerous litigation support engagements with attorneys in the El Paso area and the surrounding region, including Las Cruces, New Mexico.
Some current and former engagements:
- Contracted with a major school district to review compliance complaints brought to the board of trustees.
- Contracted with a Southern New Mexico county to prove damages by a tenant on county property.
- Engaged in investigating asset misappropriation by estate administrators as well as the beneficiaries of the estate.
- Engaged to prove intermingling of assets which allows the attorney to “pierce the corporate veil,” giving the attorney suing a corporation greater access to shareholders’ personal assets when looking for dollars to satisfy judgments.
- Multiple cases involving the discovery of hidden assets.
- Multiple divorce cases in which one spouse is charged with “wasting the marital estate” and therefore causing damage to the other spouse.
- Engaged to prove theft of assets by company employees.
When to Hire a Forensic Accountant in El Paso
MARCUS, FAIRALL, BRISTOL + CO., PLLC
230 Thunderbird Dr Ste G, El Paso, TX 79912
Phone: (915) 775- 1040
Full-Service CPA Firm in El Paso
“As outside counsel, we determine if there is evidence to prove criminal mismanagement, embezzlement, evidence of stolen merchandise and/or laundered money. It’s our job to set things right when our clients must prove they are victims of financial fraud.” ~ David Given Marcus, CPA, CFF, Managing Partner of Marcus, Fairall, Bristol, + Co PLLC