About Our Partners
David G. Marcus, CPA, CFF (Certified in Financial Forensics)
Our managing partner, David Marcus heads the Forensic Accounting Department and is Certified by the American Institute of CPA’s in Financial Forensics (CFF). David’s expertise in business accounting planning, management includes tax accounting, bankruptcy management and public and private offerings.
Born in El Paso, Texas David earned a bachelor of arts degree in Accounting from the University of Texas at El Paso in 1974. He also did post-graduate study at South Texas College of Law in Houston Professional memberships and recognitions: American Institute of Certified Public Accountant’s, Texas Society of CPA’s, and membership in the AICPA’s Forensic and Valuation Services Center along with his Certification in Financial Forensics (CFF)
David is known for his community involvement and has been honored by many state and national organizations. He was profiled in Philanthropy in Texas magazine as a “Big Thinker”; received the Public Service Award from the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and the Distinguished Public Service Award from the Texas Society of Certified Public Accountants for his efforts.
Local recognitions include being named as “Humanitarian of the Year” by the Italian-American Cultural Society, “Citizen of the Year” by the March of Dimes, and receiving the Humanitarian Award from the Black El Paso Democrats, the Bravo Award from the League of Women Voters, and the City of El Paso Mayor’s Excellence Award.
Currently, David Marcus, CPA, CFF, our managing partner is a member of the City of El Paso’s Ethics Committee. He previously represented El Paso as a board member of the State of Texas 2020 Ã‚Â Committee. (Go to the “About” page for more of his great work.
- Current Board Member – City of El Paso Ethics Commission
- 2030 Committee – Appointed by Texas Transportation Commission to study the future of statewide transportation and charged with presenting an estimate of the state’s transportation needs in the context of today’s economic reality over the next 20 years. (See website at: http://texas2030committee.tamu.edu/about/). – 2008
- Board Member and Past President of Hospice El Paso
- Treasurer of the Camino Real Regional Mobility Authority in El Paso
- Chair of the City of El Paso’s Quality of Life/Tourism Cabinet
- Co-chair of the City of El Paso’s Economic Development Lyceum
- Board Member and Past President of the El Paso Holocaust Museum
- Board Member of United Way of El Paso County
Jack W. Fairall, CPA
In addition to heading the Auditing Department, Jack Fairall is a civic-minded volunteer. The organization that is closest to his heart is Rotary International. He is the former president of the local chapter as well as former district treasurer- a position that he held for six years. He is the former director of Rotary’s Camp RYLA leadership training and summer camp for boys and girls.
Jack’s auditing expertise is in medical practice management and accounting. He worked internally as comptroller for a multi-bed acute care hospital and several years as the independent auditor of a large regional hospital group.
Born in Deming, New Mexico, Jack earned a bachelor of science degree in Accounting from the University of Texas at El Paso in 1956. He completed two years of post graduate study at Sul Ross University in the MBA program. Jack is a veteran of many years of experience in accounting practice in Texas and New Mexico.
His professional memberships and recognitions include: American Institute Certified Public Accountants, Texas Society of CPA’s, membership in the AICPA’s Government Audit Quality Center, and Peer Reviewer for the Texas Society of CPA’s.
- Former President of the local chapter of Rotary International
- Former District Treasurer for West Texas and New Mexico of Rotary International (2003 to 2006)
- Former Director of Rotary’s Camp RYLA for boys and girls (2002 to 2008)
Tracy M. Bristol, CPA
Tracy Bristol is well versed in financial accounting for medical practices, doctors office and any other health care professional . Her clients rely on her expertise. She provides testimony during bankruptcy hearings as an expert witness.
Born in Freeport, Illinois, Tracy earned a bachelor of business administration degree in accounting from the University of Texas in at El Paso in 1989. Tracy manages the small business tax practice for new and existing clients. She specializes in medical practice and real estate accounting.
Tracy Bristol has volunteered on many boards in El Paso including the Texas Workforce Commission in which she also served as chair. As the mother of involved teenagers, her volunteer time in the recent few years has been with public school fundraisers and events, and PTA, band and drama booster clubs!Â
Professional memberships: American Institute of CPA’s, and Texas Society of CPA’s
- Board Member and president of the Upper Rio Grande Workforce Development Board (2003 to present)
- Member of Polk Elementary PTA (2004)
- First female president of the Optimist Club of El Paso in group’s 75-year history (1995)